The high-beam assistant cannot serve as a substitute for the driver's personal judgment of when to use the high beams. Therefore, manually switch off the high beams in situations where this is required to avoid a safety risk.
The system is not fully functional in situations such as the following, and driver intervention may be necessary:
- In very unfavorable weather conditions, such as fog or heavy precipitation.
- In detecting poorly-lit road users, such as pedestrians, cyclists, horseback riders and wagons; when driving close to train or ship traffic; and at animal crossings.
- In tight curves, on hilltops or in depressions, in cross traffic or half-obscured oncoming traffic on freeways.
- In poorly-lit towns and cities and in the presence of highly reflective signs.
- At low speeds.
- When the windshield in front of the interior rearview mirror is fogged over, dirty or covered with stickers, etc.
A warning lamp will come on if the coolant, and therefore the engine, becomes too hot. In addition, a message will appear on the Control Display. Check the coolant level ...
Maintenance The battery is maintenance-free, i.e., the electrolyte will last for the life of the battery. Your service center will be glad to advise you on questions regarding the battery. Batt ...
The parking brake is primarily intended to prevent the vehicle from rolling while parked; it brakes the rear wheels. ...