Switching on/off and interrupting cruise control
Press the button on the steering wheel. The indicator lamps in the instrument cluster light up and the marking in the speedometer is set to the current speed. Cruise control can be used.
Deactivated or interrupted system
If the system is deactivated or interrupted, actively intervene by braking and, if necessary, with evasive maneuvers; otherwise, there is the danger of an accident occurring.
If switching off the system while stationary, press on the brake pedal at the same time.
Press the button.
- If active: press twice.
- If interrupted: press once.
The displays go out. The stored desired speed and distance are deleted.
When active, press the button.
If interrupting the system while stationary, press on the brake pedal at the same time.
The system is automatically interrupted if:
- The brakes are applied.
- The clutch pedal is depressed.
- Transmission position D is disengaged.
- DTC Dynamic Traction Control is activated or DSC is deactivated.
- DSC is actively controlling stability.
- The safety belt and the driver's door are opened when the vehicle is standing.
- The system has not detected objects for an extended period, e.g., on a road with very little traffic without road edge line markings.
- Radar sensor is soiled.
Display in the instrument cluster
The selected speed is displayed in the speedometer. Green: the system is actively braking the vehicle. Orange: the system is on standby. ...
Have maintenance carried out
Have vehicles maintained regularly to achieve optimal vehicle economy and operating life. Have the maintenance carried out by your service center. Please also note the BMW Maintenance System ...
Opening the Options menu
Press the button. The "Options" menu is displayed. Additional options: move the controller to the right repeatedly until the "Options" menu is displayed. Options menu The ...